For Outreach Team Members
Once team and user profiles are all set up, you’re ready to accept and respond to outreach requests! Very exciting.
Logging into LA-HOP
First things first, you’ll need to know where to log in to access LA-HOP’s administrative pages.
You can do this two ways:
Directly from the LA-HOP website (at the bottom of Learn More or Make a Request page).
From LAHSA’s Website:
Visit www.lahsa.org, log in to your MyOrg Account, click ‘Providers’ tab, and click on the ‘LA-HOP’ app icon.
Understanding your Request Dashboard
When you log in to LA-HOP’s administrative pages, you will see the Request Dashboard. The dashboard is customized to your role, which means you only see outreach requests that are assigned to you according to your role. The dashboard is comprised of two sections: the ‘Summary Dashboard’ and the ‘Request List View’.
The Summary Dashboard (see below) on the top of the webpage highlights the status of all requests assigned to you, including:
• All: All outreach requests assigned to you (e.g., all requests regardless of request status)
• Open: Number of open outreach requests (e.g., requests that have not been fulfilled yet)
• Closed: Number of closed outreach requests (e.g., request that have been fulfilled)
• Flagged for Review: Number of request flagged for review (e.g., requests that require a review by the SPA Outreach Coordinator due to the answers submitted by the Team Lead/Team Member)
Request View List
The Request View List (see above) shows important summary data for each outreach request, including:
• Priority (note the red horizontal bar that’s displayed on high priority requests)
• Request ID (a unique, auto-generated number for each request…use this when corresponding to your Coordinator or Lead)
• Team assigned to the request (or ‘unassigned’ if not yet assigned)
• Address of homeless individual(s) in need
• Summary of homeless individual’s needs as provided by the requestor
• # of days since request submission
• Status of request (e.g., open, closed, flagged for SPA Coordinator review)
Managing Outreach Requests
From the Request List View, you can click on the summary outreach request to access and begin processing the full request.
The full request includes the following:
Map and location
Here you will find a map showing the location of the request, the physical address of the request, as well as badges indicating the Service Planning Area (SPA), Supervisory District (SD), Council District (CD), LAPD Bureau and Division as appropriate. You can also click the ‘Directions’ button to take you directly to a Google Map view.
All information provided by the individual making the request is also displayed here. This includes number of people at the location, any documented needs, and who submitted the request (if provided).
If the requestor provided their name and contact information, it will be displayed in the ‘Reported By’ section. While this is not mandatory, we do ask that they select what type of requestor they consider themselves (e.g., concerned citizen, first responder, business owner). If the requestor provided their contact details, these will also be listed.
Team Members by default will only see requests assigned to them by their Team Lead; however, a Team Member can elect to see all requests assigned to their team by toggling the “Assigned to me” button to off.
After reviewing and responding to requests assigned to them, Team Members will then complete a Post-Deployment Survey after each outreach attempt. Depending on the Post-Deployment Survey responses by the Team Member, the request will either be automatically closed, remain active, or be flagged for further review by the SPA Outreach Coordinator. See below for examples of all three statuses.
Post Deployment Survey Status
Closed: An outreach request is automatically closed when contact was made and teams agree to continue to serve the person/location. This and subsequent visits and the services/referrals provided should also be logged in HMIS if contact was made with individuals at the location.
Active: A request will remain “Active” if the team states in the Post-Deployment Survey that contact was NOT made, but they will attempt to contact again. Team members should update the survey after they re-attempt contact.
Flagged for review:
A request is flagged for review by the SPA Outreach Coordinator and Team Lead when contact is NOT made and team will NOT attempt to contact again. Team leads and Coordinators will need to determine if the reasons for non-contact are warranted…and if so, SPA Outreach Coordinators will manually close the request (see below).