LA CoC General Meeting
As the lead agency in the Los Angeles Continuum of Care (LA CoC), the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) is responsible for maintaining the LA CoC Governance Charter. LAHSA is hosting a virtual meeting of the CoC General Membership to approve the annual update to the LA CoC Governance Charter, as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The LA CoC General Meeting was held on:
Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
LA CoC Governance Charter
The most recent update to the LA CoC Governance Charter occurred in March 2019, with the COVID-19 pandemic affecting planning for the annual update. Revisions for 2022 will be limited in scope and focus on clarifying roles and responsibilities for operating the LA CoC.
Major revisions include:
- Clarification to the definition and meetings of the LA CoC General Membership
- Designation of governance and oversight of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Clarification of responsibilities delegated to the LA CoC Board, LAHSA, and the Coordinated Entry System (CES) Policy Council
- Recognition of existing consultative entities, i.e., the Lived Experience Advisory Board (LEAB) and the Homeless Youth Forum of Los Angeles (HYFLA)
- Updates to the composition and terms for LA CoC Board members to support new member elections/appointments in Fall 2022
- The previous LA CoC Governance Charter (approved on March 6, 2019), can be accessed here.
- The 2022 revised draft of the LA CoC Governance Charter (published on June 7, 2022), along with a redlined draft, can be accessed here.
- The Final Draft of the LA CoC Governance Charter (published on June 24, 2022) can be accessed here.
- A memo summarizing public comment received by LAHSA during the public comment period can be accessed here.
- The 2022 revision of the LA CoC Governance Charter was adopted by the CoC General Membership during the LA CoC Annual General Meeting held on June 28, 2022 and can be accessed here.
Public Comment Has Closed
Per the amendment process as established in the LA CoC Governance Charter, all revisions and amendment(s) to this charter are required to be posted in writing for public review for a period of at least ten (10) business days before action is taken.
The public comment period was open from June 7, 2022, until June 21, 2022 at 5 p.m. PST.
FY 2022 CoC Governance Charter Revision Timeline
|Jan - Mar 2022
LAHSA maintained communication with HUD TA to review the LA CoC Governance Charter and identify areas requiring revision to ensure compliance with federal CoC regulations and began a draft of proposed updates
LAHSA held a SPA Coalition Leadership CoC Planning & Listening Session to discuss CoC meetings, elections, and updates to the CoC Governance Charter
LA CoC Board Executve Committee was consulted on proposed charter updates
LA CoC Board was consulted on proposed charter updates
LAHSA held a "LA CoC 101" Informational Webinar to review HUD requirements for governance, CoC responsibilities, an overview of current LA CoC governance, and timeline of planned annual update to the LA CoC Governance Charter
LAHSA continued to consult with entities named in charter and draft revisions
LAHSA Commission was consulted on proposed charter updates
The LA CES Policy Council was consulted on proposed charter updates
The Lived Experience Advisory Board (LEAB) was consulted on proposed charter updates
LAHSA posted redlined draft of CoC Governance Charter and public comment form
Homeless Youth Forum of Los Angeles (HYFLA) was consulted on proposed charter updates
Deadline for public comment on CoC Governance Charter revisions
LAHSA posted the final draft with summary of public comment received during the public comment period
LAHSA will host CoC Annual General Meeting and hold vote to approve charter by CoC General Membership
Continuum of Care Informational Resources
An Introduction to the Continuum of Care informational webinar was held on April 26, 2022, to support increased participation and collaboration among LA CoC stakeholders. A recording of this webinar, as well as supporting documentation, can be accessed below:
To learn more about the Los Angeles Continuum of Care, LA CoC Board, or CoC Governance, please visit https://www.lahsa.org/coc/ and navigate to the applicable webpage.
If you have questions, please reach out to us at LACoCBoard@lahsa.org.