Winter Shelters Extended Until Saturday, March 31St
March 01, 2018 | March 02, 2018
In an effort to continue to engage and serve our community's most vulnerable, LAHSA, in conjunction with our partners at the City and County of Los Angeles, will be extending our Winter Shelter Program through March 31st. Winter Shelter serves as an integral component of our homeless services delivery system, and addresses the basic needs of persons experiencing homelessness during a period of time in which Los Angeles experiences its most inclement weather. It is during this season that we are excited to continue to provide an opportunity to reach and serve those who may not typically access services.
Additionally, due to inclement weather predicted this week, the following winter shelters will remain open from 5:00 p.m. Thursday, March 1st through 7:00 a.m. Sunday, March 4th:
• Bridge to Home-Santa Clarita
• Bethel Los Angeles CDC-South LA
• First to Serve-West LA Armory
• First to Serve-South LA
• Weingart Center Association-(Skid Row)
• Salvation Army-Lancaster High Desert MACC
• SSG Hopics (TAY Winter Shelter)-South LA
• Volunteers of America-Pomona Armory
• Valley Oasis-Lancaster Armory
• U.S. Veterans Initiative-Long Beach
To verify a Winter Shelter's hours of operation, please refer to the LAHSA Winter Shelter Flyer or call the Winter Shelter hotline directly at 1-800-548-6047.