Thank you for your patience! The LAHSA team is excited to announce that Clarity HMIS now will show the full client’s profile and history (based on the client consent and data security and privacy policies).
Each client’s profile has been updated to proper sharing levels, which will allow users to see all shared historical data including assessments, services, and enrollments across organizations. The sharing levels follow existing client consents and guidelines and do not require re-consenting clients to the consent to share data. The LAHSA team still has lined up more enhancements and Los Angeles community-specific custom data to be migrated, which we will continue to append to client records.
If you would like more information, the schedule of the data migration and all other priorities in Clarity, including enhancements, reports, and dashboard development are posted online and regularly updated on the website here:
Please let the HMIS Support team know at HMISSupport@lahsa.org if you have any questions or concerns. Our support and data teams are on standby for any assistance or support you need while you navigate the system.
Below contains important information pertaining to viewing client records on Clarity HMIS.
I DO NOT SEE ALL OF THE DATA I ENTERED BEFORE 5/1. HOW CAN I SEE IT?
You should have access to all of the HUD standard data and client assessments from your organization as of 9/28. The LAHSA team is continuing to work with the vendor to validate the remaining custom data for upload to Clarity HMIS in the coming weeks.
You can still enter data, enter and exit clients from programs, and make updates, but historical data will continue to be imported and added to client records. Those custom data include:
• LA-specific entry and exit questions
• Case Notes
• Outreach locations
• Uploaded files (including client photos)
DO I NEED TO ASK CLIENTS TO RE-SIGN THEIR CONSENT TO SHARE PROTECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION?
No. We are still following existing policies and procedures for sharing client profile as outlined in the HMIS Policies and Procedures. You can see the existing policies and consent here:
• HMIS Policies and Procedures - https://www.lahsa.org/documents?id=1128-la-oc-hmis-policies-and-procedures.pdf
• Consent to Share Protected Personal Information - https://www.lahsa.org/documents?id=1119-form-1119-consent-to-share-protected-personal-information-english-.pdf
WHAT ABOUT REPORTS?
All HUD-standard reports such as APR, HMIS Data Quality Report, and other roster style reports are already available in Clarity via the Reports tab.
Organizations that have submitted requests for their appropriate representatives to receive access to “Looker”, the new ad-hoc/on-the-fly reporting tool have been provided access. Currently, we have only one representative per organization, but we are looking into ways to expand that for larger organizations.
More information on custom reports can be found in the Clarity Priorities list here: https://www.lahsa.org/news?article=286-clarity-priorities-during-hmis-migration
Some other links and resources you may find useful:
• Clarity Login Portal – https://la.clarityhs.com
• The Clarity User Guide and Help Portal – https://get.clarityhs.help/hc/en-us
• HMIS Participant Guides – https://www.lahsa.org/news?article=239-new-release-hmis-participant-guides
• The HMIS Main Site, for all things HMIS, including the link to Clarity HMIS – https://www.lahsa.org/hmis/
• The HMIS Training Site Catalog, for all schedules including online trainings and instructor-led at LAHSA – https://www.lahsa.org/training/catalog