The Los Angeles Continuum of Care Housing Inventory Count (HIC) is a Point-In-Time (PIT) inventory of the
service projects dedicated to serving homeless and formerly homeless persons.
It is a requirement by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is used in the annual
application process to determine Federal funding for homeless services throughout the country.
The data is also used to produce the Annual Homelessness Assessment Report (AHAR).
What We Count
- Shelter programs for currently homeless people
- Counted toward 2016 PIT Homeless Count
- Emergency Shelter
- Transitional Housing
- Safe Haven
- Housing options for formerly homeless persons
- Not counted toward 2016 PIT Homeless Count
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Rapid Re-Housing
- Other Permanent Housing
How We Count